The 9th Annual Summer Institute is here!
The Guelph Resource Centre for Gender Empowerment and Diversity (GRCGED) and the Ontario Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG) – Guelph are at it again, offering a summer series of intersectional workshops for the community-minded social and environmental justice activist. The series will run from late June to late July, and will feature 8 amazing free workshops that we’re really excited about.
- All workshops are being held in University Centre (UC) 441 on the U of G campus, a wheelchair accessible space.
- Snacks (but not a meal) will be provided – feel free to bring additional food for your break if you’d like.
- Child care is available upon request with 48 hours notice.
- Handouts can be made available in alternative formats with advance notice.
2015 Summer Institute workshops
1 – Self-Care (as) Community-Care
– with Ali Sauer
Wednesday June 24, 5:30-8:30pm
2 – Empower Everywhere Biodiesel from used cooking oil
– with Handel Callender
Monday June 29, 5:30-9:00pm
3 – Re-Examining Allyship with Aboriginal People and Communities
– with Natasha Smith and Maria Shallard
Tuesday July 7, 2015, 5:30-8:30pm
4 – Self Care Tools for Activists
– with Cee/illogik (Chris Bowen)
Sunday July 12, 1:00-4:00pm
5 – Violence on the Land, Violence on our Bodies: Building an Indigenous Response to Environmental Violence
– with the Native Youth Sexual Health Network
Tuesday July 14, 5:30-8:30pm
6 – Coming Home: a poetic exploration of decolonization
– with Amelia Meister
Tuesday July 21, 5:30-8:30pm
7 – Media Justice for Movement Building
– with Mina and Shabina
Thursday July 23, 5:30-8:30pm
8 – Building Decolonial Black Centered Movements
– with Yasmin Mumed and Chukwuma Nwebube
Tuesday July 28, 5:30-8:30pm